Leadership Code 360Transferring Capability. Accelerating results. Building effective leaders
The Leadership Code is a research-based synthesis of the critical knowledge, skills, and attributes essential for effective leadership. It goes beyond providing endless lists of individual competencies possessed by the world’s most successful leaders by providing a unifying, contextual framework that translates the complex to the simple, the mundane to the meaningful, and the abstract to the actionable.
Effective leaders are made up of two parts. The first is a universal set of skills that applies to all leaders in any organization. The second part, the differentiators, are attributes that are unique to your organization.
- The Leadership Code are the essentials that all leaders must know and do to be effective. Our research shows that 60-70% of effectiveness is the same for all leaders. These are the five domains of the leadership code: Strategist, Executor, Talent Manager, Human Capital Developer, Personal Proficiency
- The Differentiators, these are the attributes that make your leaders unique to your company. Your firm brand identity (in the eyes of your best customers) must be made real to customers and employees through leader behaviors.
The RBL Leadership Code 360 Assessment helps your leaders know how well they’ve mastered the five fundamentals of exceptional leadership.
Without stakeholder perspective, development is limited. Leaders at all levels of the organization, from the C-suite to individual contributors, often have their own ideas of where they are weak and strong. Without perspective from the people, they work with and for these ideas can be shortsighted and development efforts can miss the mark.
By contrasting self-perspective with feedback from raters throughout the organization, including internal and external stakeholders, leaders come away with a comprehensive view of their strengths and opportunities in a simple, clear report. Leadership Code assessment reports include custom analyses, such as engagement of direct reports, potential pitfalls or derailers, and performance on top 10 critical leader behaviors. Leaders can see how their scores compare to high-performing leaders and read verbatim feedback from raters.
Leadership Code assessments help leaders better understand their performance in these five foundational areas. The assessment can also be customized to include questions based on your firm’s unique leadership differentiators so you can measure what really matters to your stakeholders and focus on issues that will have the greatest impact. We use assessment along with Leadership Code Workshops, our development modules are built on the five domains of the Leadership Code. These workshops are taught using a variety of interactive and engaging approaches appropriate for the level of the audience, including video cases, business simulations, mini-lectures, client cases, and group exercises. Each of our workshops requires that participants apply what they are learning to help them better deliver expected results. ADGES can provide a debrief and insights into the assessment results as well as help with establishing an individual development plan based on the results.
I believe the best consulting and learning solutions should strongly be supported by 3 pillars:
We exist and strive to make an impact through human capital solutions:
1. World-class thinking process and research base solution
2. Practical, through the test of time and test of the leading organization
3. Insightful, each engagement is different and success lies under understanding each client and their operating cultures